Thursday, January 18, 2007

GLORIOUS MYSTERIES

8 He said,”Take care not to be misled. Many will
come in my name saying,’I am he’ and’ The time
is at hand.’ Do not follow them.
9 Neither must you be perturbed when you hear of
wars and insurrections. These things are bound
to happen first, but the end does not follow
immediately.”
10 He said to them further:”Nation will rise against
nation and kingdom against kingdom.
11 There will be great earthquakes, plagues, and
famines in various places-and in the sky fearful
omens and great signs.
12 But before any of this, they will manhandle and
persecute you, summoning you to synagogues and
prisons, bringing you to trial before kings and
governors, all because of my name.
25 “There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the
stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish,
distraught at the roaring of the sea and the waves.
26 Men will die of fright in anticipation of what is
coming upon the earth. The powers in the heavens
will be shaken.
27 After that, men will see the Son of Man coming
on a cloud with great power and glory.
28 When these things begin to happen, stand erect and
hold your heads high, for your deliverance is
near at hand.”

(LUKE 21)


The Resurrection

28 If God clothes in such splendor the grass of
the field, which grows today and is thrown on the
fire tomorrow, how much more will he provide
for you, O weak in faith!
29 It is not for you to be in search of what you are
to eat or drink. Stop worrying.
30 The unbelievers of this world are always running
after these things. Your Father knows that you need
such things.
31 Seek out instead his kingship over you, and the
rest will follow in turn.

(LUKE 12)

1 After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week
was dawning, Mary Magdalene came with the
other Mary to inspect the tomb.
2 Suddenly there was a mighty earthquake, as the
angel of the Lord descended from heaven. He
came to the stone, rolled it back, and sat on it.
3 In appearance he resembled a flash of lightning
while his garments were as dazzling as snow.
4 The guards grew paralyzed with fear of him and
fell down like dead men.
5 Then the angel spoke, addressing the women:”Do
not be frightened. I know you are looking for
Jesus the crucified,
6 but he is not here. He has been raised, exactly as
he promised. Come and see the place where he
was laid.

(MATTHEW 28)


The Ascension

14 “I am the good shepherd.
I know my sheep
and my sheep know me
15 in the same way that the Father knows me
and I know the Father;
for these sheep I will give my life.
16 I have other sheep
that do not belong to this fold.
I must lead them, too,
and they shall hear my voice.
There shall be one flock then, one shepherd.

(JOHN 10)

25 Jesus told her:
“I am the resurrection and the life:
whoever believes in me,
though he should die, will come to life;
and whoever is alive and believes in me
will never die.

(JOHN 11)

49 I send down upon you the promise of my
Father. Remain here in the city until you are
clothed with power from on high.”
50 Then he led them out near Bethany, and with
hands upraised, blessed them.
51 As he blessed, he left them, and was taken up
to heaven.
52 They fell down to do him reverence, then
returned to Jerusalem filled with joy.

(LUKE 24)


The Descent of the Holy Spirit

1 When the day of Pentecost came it found them
gathered in one place.
2 Suddenly from up in the sky there came a noise
like a strong, driving wind which was heard all
through the house where they were seated.
3 Tongues as of fire appeared, which parted
and came to rest on each of them.
4 All were filled with the Holy Spirit. They began
to express themselves in foreign tongues and
make bold proclamation as the Spirit prompted
them.

(ACTS 2)

1 If I speak with human tongues and angelic as
well, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong, a
clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and, with full
knowledge, comprehend all mysteries, if I have
faith great enough to move mountains, but have
not love, I am nothing.
3 If I give everything I have to feed the poor
and hand over my body to be burned, but have not
love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous,
it does not put on airs, it is not snobbish.
5 Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is
not prone to anger; neither does it brood over
injuries.
6 Love does not rejoice in what is wrong but rejoices
with the truth.
7 There is no limit to love’s forbearance, to
its trust, its hope, its power to endure.
8 Love never fails. Prophecies will cease, tongues
will be silent, knowledge will pass away.
13 There are in the end three things that last:
faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of
these is love.

(1 CORINTHIANS 13)


The Assumption

46 Then Mary said:
My being proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
47 my spirit finds joy in God my savior,
48 For he has looked upon his servant in her lowliness;
all ages to come shall call me blessed.
49 God who is mighty has done great things for me,
holy is his name;
50 His mercy is from age to age
on those who fear him.
51 He has shown might with his arm;
he has confused the proud in their inmost thoughts.
52 He has deposed the mighty from their thrones
and raised the lowly to high places.
53 The hungry he has given every good thing,
while the rich he has sent empty away.
54 He has upheld Israel his servant,
ever mindful of his mercy;
55 Even as he promised our fathers,
promised Abraham and his descendants forever.”

(LUKE 1)


The Coronation of Mary, Queen of Heaven

3 At a certain point the wine ran out, and Jesus’
mother told him,”They have no more wine.”
4 Jesus replied,”Woman how does this concern of
yours involve me ? My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother instructed those waiting on table,”Do
whatever he tells you.”

(JOHN 2)


26 Seeing his mother there with the disciple
whom he loved, Jesus said to his mother,”Woman,
there is your son.”
27 In turn he said to the disciple,”There is your
mother.” From that hour onward, the disciple took
her into his care.

(JOHN 19)


1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman
clothed with the sun, with the moon under her
feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 Because she was with child, she wailed aloud in
pain as she labored to give birth.
3 Then another sign appeared in the sky: it was a
huge dragon, flaming red, with seven heads and ten
horns; on his heads were seven diadems.
4 His tail swept a third of the stars from the
sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the
dragon stood before the woman about to give birth,
ready to devour her child when it should be born.
5 She gave birth to a son-a boy destined to
shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. Her
child was caught up to God and to his throne.

(REVELATION 13)

No comments: